Welcome to my page

I find it a privilege being on this planet at the same time as you, and believe we all are here at this time of humanity for a purpose. I hope you will find it interesting getting into conversation with me and my readers.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Bring Summer into Winter


Since two weeks I have really been feeling the effects of winter virus. During winter, our energy levels take a dive while our body clocks adjust to sleeping longer. I wake up at 5 am in order to go to work and it is of course dark outside, and in the afternoon when I return home at about 6pm it still is dark. I hardly get to see the light, unless I go out in the middle of the day.

I think it indeed is possible to reserve the cycle and recapture a sense of wellbeing. The lack of sunlight means that vitamin D levels are down, weakening immunity and lowering your mood. The short days also confuse the pineal gland in our brain. Light sends out hormones that regulate sleep and energy levels. In wintry darkness, this little gland cannot send out the usual signals we need to help us feel energetic and sociable.

When the weather is cold, our muscles and blood vessels constrict, making us more tense. This winter-related body tension means that we hardly sweat, as it’s a major way that the body rids itself of toxins, and a build up of toxins is generally associated with low energy levels and low mood.

The question is; how can you and I recapture the energy and vitality of the summer?
Sunlight is the answer; remember vitamin D – this will play a key role in boosting your immunity. This will also treat depression. It is indeed important to get out and take a run or walk. Sauna and the effect of heat in our bodies will urge every organ of the body into action and release the toxics.

The winter cold makes us feel tense, constricted and uptight, but a sauna or steam bath helps us relax, unwind and switch off. In order for the body to cope it must slow down. Spicing meals will also raise the body temperature from the inside out, boosting circulation and immunity while relaxing the body.

This information is vital in the busy life we all lead. Take time out to treat yourself, your mind and body. I hope I get better soon!

No comments: