Welcome to my page

I find it a privilege being on this planet at the same time as you, and believe we all are here at this time of humanity for a purpose. I hope you will find it interesting getting into conversation with me and my readers.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Creative Valentine!


Valentine has got a long history dating back to the 5th Century in Rome, and to a Catholic bishop called St.Valentine. As he was imprisoned for carrying out marriage ceremony for soldiers, he was imprisoned. While in prison he fell in love with the blind daughter of his jailer. When he was executed, he sent her a note with a sign at the end: ‘From your Valentine’. This phrase has since been widely used on the 14th of February, which was the day of his execution.

Today people give candy, flowers, or other gifts that express their love. I think a day dedicated to love is an excellent idée, but I wish every day would be dedicated in our minds and souls loving those that are in our lives.

I love giving and receiving gifts and cards. Those who know me will know that I love making my gifts and the cards I give to friends and family. By making them I feel I am putting more into it than buying them. I think these days as we are all able to buy what ever we like, it is truly beautiful to receive gifts that are given with a lot of thought and creativity.

Today as I was talking to a friend about Valentine, we both agreed on how many people are lonely and depressed during this day. Isn’t that a sad thought in a day when people should be loved and express love. But unfortunately most people do not feel loved, and hence do not know how to express love. You have to experience true love in order to be able to give away love. And this true love is not expressed with gifts, cards or candies, it can be expressed with just a note on a card or a look. I think we should become more creative in ways of expressing love, although this might not help the businesses selling their valentines gifts, but what is more important; to give a bunch of roses or to look into the eye of your loved one and see a bunch of roses!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy valentine day :))

Unknown said...

happy valentine to you too sara jan

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine be jofteton:x
khaili doseton daram Sara va Elham

Unknown said...

niusha jan,happy roze eshg be to ham....hamishe be yadetam....bos

Shadi said...

first of all happy valentine to you all badesh inke i read an article about the creation of valentine which belonged to the persian history that was cool i'm gonna find it and send it to you so you can all read it
i'm pride to be persian
bacheha mn shoar dadam hala hame baham ;)

Unknown said...

happy valentine to you too shadi jan.dige valentine male ma iraniya nistesh:)let us not take the honour for everything on the face of the earth.....
I bet you had a great day!

Shadi said...

hi the one i'm talking about is called rooze mehrvarzi va eshgh in persian history with 2 or 3 days difference is date :)
did you have a good one?

Unknown said...

hi shadi jan,please do indeed send me info on that.