Welcome to my page

I find it a privilege being on this planet at the same time as you, and believe we all are here at this time of humanity for a purpose. I hope you will find it interesting getting into conversation with me and my readers.

Friday, November 28, 2008

“The Rock of my family”

Barrack Obama characterized his wife as; the woman of his life, the love of his life and the Rock of the family. Michelle Obama who is to become the first Black First Lady entering the white house is the woman who has stood with the President elect for 16 years. In all interviews I have seen of Michelle she characterizes herself first as a mum, then down to earth and now First Lady. She takes her role as a mother very serious and believes that change needs to start and lay its foundations in our families.

Michelle is probably one of the most proud women on earth. On the night of election, Barack Obama greeted his wife as such: ‘The rock of our family, the love of my life…the nation’s next first lady – Michelle Obama. I am grateful to her’. When I heard this I thought about the famous phrase; “Behind Every Successful man there is a Strong women”! On the night of the American election this was again confirmed.

February 25, 2008 issue of Newsweek, "The Real Michelle Obama," looked at how the aspiring First Lady was coping with the scrutiny, balancing work and family life, and making sure her husband is "keeping it real". Michelle is described as relaxed, smart, funny, confident, and opinionated. She is described to be the same in private as in public. As a political spouse, she is somewhat unusual. She isn't the traditional booster who sticks to a script. Michelle has made it her job to ensure that Barack doesn't lose sight of what's normal. Michelle does this by reminding Obama of his role as a husband and father.

During an interview she said she will just try to be who she is in the role of a First Lady. And that's going to come with all the pluses and minuses and baggage and insecurities and all the things brought into the role, this also includes hopes and dreams of Change!

No comments: