Welcome to my page

I find it a privilege being on this planet at the same time as you, and believe we all are here at this time of humanity for a purpose. I hope you will find it interesting getting into conversation with me and my readers.

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Halloween in Iran



Few days ago as everyone was in the mood of halloween, I was watching an Iranian channel, discussing the event that started as an American tradition, but which has now spread itself across the nations. Someone had sent in an e-mail to the program, which was read to the world.










The e-mail went something like this:
In America you have Halloween ones a year, and that is the only day you can put custumes on and scare people, but in Iran, we have Halloween 365 days a year. Every day of the year we watch people dressed up to scare us, so wellcome to Iran as we celebrate Halloween all year around.


Trick or Treat then??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi dear Elham, I am a persian woman from california and I was looking for some information about halloween and was wondering if do we have any tradition like that in Iran, finding your blog was interesting, sad, funny, and much more, I like to read your blog more often and wish you the best.

Javaneh